ADVANCED NONDESTRUCTIVE TESTING
IEQS is specialized in Advance Nondestructive Testing (ANDT) services that covers a wide range of Industrial needs, with its different methodologies that meet your project needs and Inspection needs.
LONG RANGE ULTRASONIC TESTING
LRUT- Teletest Focus+:
The Guided Wave long range ultrasonic testing is an advanced technology for detection and analyzing corrosion where access is difficult.
Advantages of Guided wave testing
- Long range of inspection (30-50m) & 100% volumetric coverage.
- Detection of internal and external metal loss.
- Focusing capability to evaluate corrosion distribution around pipe circumference.
- Sensitivity can be as good as 3% loss of cross-section in ideal conditions (but is typically set at 9%).
- Ideal where conventional testing is impossible or very costly e.g. clamped, insulated, elevated, sleeved or buried pipes.
- Pipelines can be tested in service (no production shutdown).
- A wide range of pipe sizes (2” to 48”) can be inspected.
- Integral battery operation.
- Potential reduction of inspection cost due to the speed of the inspection.
APPLICATIONS OF LRUT
- Longitudinally and spiral welded.
- Ferritic, stainless steel and other materials.
- Air-to soil interface & Air-to water interface.
- Sleeved in road crossings.
- External corrosion.
- Corrosion under insulation (CUI).
- Internal corrosion or erosion.
- Foam or mineral wool.
- PVC, epoxy, coal tar epoxy.
- Paint & Bitumastic wrapping.
- Transmission and distribution lines.
- Refinery and chemical plants.
- Offshore risers.
- Jetty lines.
- Tank farm link lines.
- Power plant service pipes.
- Storage sphere support legs.