MAGNETIC PARTICAL TESTING
What is Magnetic Testing?
Magnetic Testing involves the magnetization of a component, followed by the application of ferromagnetic particles. The particles align along discontinuities in the surface, or shallow sub-surface discontinuities. This method is used to test welds, castings, and forgings for surface or Sub-surface defects; however it can only be used on ferromagnetic metals.
What are the responsibilities of a individual who is certified to Magnetic particle tesing Level II?
An individual certified to Magnetic particle testing Level II has demonstrated competence to perform NDT according to Magnetic Testing procedures. Within the scope of the competence defined on the certificate, Level II personnel may be authorised by the employer to:
- Select the Magnetic technique for the test method to be used
- Define the limitations of application of the testing method
- Translate NDT codes, standards, specifications and procedures into NDT instructions adapted to the actual working conditions
- Set up and verify equipment settings
- Perform and supervise tests
- Interpret and evaluate results according to applicable standards, codes, specifications or procedures
- Prepare Magnetic written instructions
- Carry out and supervise all tasks at or below Level II
- Provide guidance for personnel at or below Level II, and
- Report the results of Magnetic test
20 hours Magnetic particle testing Level II training covers the following:
- Principles of Magnetic Particle Inspection
- Methods of magnetisation
- Inspection and detection of indications
- Checks and calibrations
- Test procedures
- Standards and specifications
- Testing procedures
- Detectability of defects
- Product technology
- Interpretation and reporting
- Post test procedures
- Safety precautions
Application of the method to the specific requirements of the company, in particular making reference to those codes, specifications and procedures used by the company, including the relevant control checks.
IEQS Group have their NDT Training institute at Chennai , Mumbai, Kochi and Vizag.
For NDT Training course & certification fees or Price details , please visit our
IEQS Group assist or assure NDT placement for successfully completed Level II candidates.