NDT LEVEL 3 - REFRESHER COURSE
NDT Level III refresher training at IEQS GROUP follows the training syllabus detailed in ANSI/ASNT CP-105 where applicable. The NDT methods are:
- Basic level III
- Magnetic Particle Testing – MT
- Penetrant Testing – PT
- Visual testing – VT
- Ultrasonic Testing – UT
- Radiographic Testing – RT
- Electromagnetic Testing –ET
The NDT refresher courses are considered Level III courses and are designed for those who are currently Level II or III and are looking to become an NDT (ASNT) Level III or to maintain their Level III status.
Our courses are structured to gain Knowledge to take up NDT (ASNT) Level III examinations.
For course registration email us firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Coverage of refresher courses
The NDT (ASNT) refresher courses are designed to help refresh and expand your knowledge of important concepts in each NDT topic. A thorough review of each subject’s Knowledge will give you an awareness of areas where further study is needed and are intended to supplement each candidate’s personal studies.
The subject matter for all of the courses is derived from the training topics found in the Level III Topical Outlines of Topical Outlines for Qualification of Nondestructive Testing Personnel, ANSI/ASNT CP-105, as referenced in Recommended Practice No. SNT-TC-1A Personnel Qualification and Certification in Nondestructive Testing and ANSI/ASNT CP-189, ASNT Standard for Qualification and Certification of Nondestructive Testing Personnel. This is the same Body of Knowledge from which the ASNT NDT Level III exams are written.
Will the refresher courses help me pass the Level III ASNT exam?
The refresher courses are designed to help review and expand your knowledge of important NDT concepts and should not be used as the sole source of exam preparation. The courses may not possibly cover everything that may appear on the exam. However, many people do choose to take the refresher courses before the exams. The courses do offer dedicated study time away from work, the opportunity to interact with other students in NDT and learn from an experienced instructor so the courses may offer an advantage over someone who did not take a course before the exam. There is a section of referenced books that may be studied for the examination and not all of them are ASNT materials, and some cannot be purchased through ASNT. Also it gives exposure to examination point for discussion with the experienced qualified Level III Tutors.
What are the responsibilities of an individual who is certified to NDT Level III?
An individual certified to Level III has demonstrated:
- The competence to evaluate and interpret results in terms of existing standards, codes, and specifications
- Sufficient practical knowledge of applicable materials, fabrication, process, and product technology to select NDT methods, establish NDT
- Techniques, and assist in establishing acceptance criteria where none are otherwise available
- A general familiarity with other NDT methods Within the scope of the competence defined on the certificate, Level III personnel may be authorised to:
- Assume full responsibility for a test facility or examination centre and staff;
- Establish, review for editorial and technical correctness and validate NDT instructions and procedures;
- Interpret codes, standards, specifications and procedures;
- Designate the particular test methods, techniques and procedures to be used;
- Within the scope and limitations of any certification held, carry out all tasks at all levels;
- Provide guidance for NDT personnel at all Levels.