What is Ultrasonic Testing?
Ultrasonic is a high frequency of sound pulses that are emitted from a transducer above a sample. The sound waves propagate through the sample, and reflect at interfaces. The reflected waves are monitored using a detector above the sample. The thickness of the sample, and the depth and type of flaw can be ascertained using this method. The method can be applied to most materials if sound transmission is good. Quick high sensitive results are obtained.
What are the responsibilities of a individual who is certified to Ultrasonic Level II?
An individual certified to Ultrasonic testing Level II has demonstrated competence to perform NDT according to Ultrasonic Testing procedures. Within the scope of the competence defined on the certificate, Level II personnel may be authorised by the employer to:
- Select the Ultrasonic technique for the test method to be used;
- Define the limitations of application of the testing method;
- Translate NDT codes, standards, specifications and procedures into NDT instructions adapted to the actual working conditions;
- Set up and verify equipment settings;
- Perform and supervise tests;
- Interpret and evaluate results according to applicable standards, codes, specifications or procedures;
- Prepare Ultrasonic written instructions
- Carry out and supervise all tasks at or below level II;
- Provide guidance for personnel at or below level II, and
- Report the results of Ultrasonic test
80 hrs of Ultrasonic Level II training covers the following:
- Principles of Ultrasonic Testing
- Testing techniques
- Calibration of testing systems
Sector Specific Theory
- Detectability of defects
- Factors affecting the performance of the Ultrasonic test
- Codes of practice and standards
- Conducting and recording the test
- Interpretation of test results
- Product technology theory
IEQS Group have their NDT Training institute at Chennai , Mumbai, Kochi and Vizag.
For NDT Training course & certification fees or Price details , please visit our
IEQS Group assist or assure NDT placement for successfully completed Level II candidates.