What is Visual Testing?
Visual testing is a Non-Destructive Testing method by which reflected or transmitted light from a test object is imaged with a light sensitive device
(E.g. the human eye!).
What are the responsibilities of a individual who is certified to Visual Level II?
An individual certified to Visual Level II has demonstrated competence to perform NDT according to Visual Testing procedures. Within the scope ofthe competence defined on the certificate, Level II personnel may be authorised by the employer to:
- Select the Visual technique for the test method to be used
- Define the limitations of application of the testing method
- Translate NDT codes, standards, specifications and procedures into NDT instructions adapted to the actual working conditions
- Set up and verify equipment settings
- Perform and supervise tests
- Interpret and evaluate results according to applicable standards, codes, specifications or procedures
- Prepare Visual written instructions
- Carry out and supervise all tasks at or below level II;
- Provide guidance for personnel at or below level II, and
- Report the results of Visual test
24 hrs of Visualtesting Level II training covers the following:
- Equipment (as applicable)
- Employer-defined applications
- Visual Testing to specific procedures
- Safety precautions
- Material attributes
- Environmental and physiological factors
- Visual perception
- Principles and theory
- Applications and techniques
Application of the method to the specific requirements of the Company, in particular making reference to those codes, specifications and procedures used by the Company, including the relevant control checks.
IEQS Group have their NDT Training institute at Chennai , Mumbai, Kochi and Vizag.
For NDT Training course & certification fees or Price details ,Please Visit Our Website
IEQS Group assist or assure NDT placement for successfully completed Level II candidates.